Thursday, May 9, 2013

I Am Trying To Make Him Get Help

 

(Taken From an Actual Call For Help)


I have been with my boyfriend for the past three years and he is addicted to marijuana, alcohol, and -- I believe -- other chemicals. When I first met him I didn't realize how big the problem was, but over time it is quite clear. He cannot go a single day without smoking, and lately it is causing a big rift in our relationship.

I work hard every day to make enough to support the both of us. He has a criminal record, so it has not been very easy for him to get a job. I pay the rent, bills and every other expense that arises. I have to admit that I have given him money to buy beer and whatever else, and I regret that. I know that doing that enables him, and that is the last thing he needs.

Whenever I bring up the issue of pot abuse, he tries to tell me that since marijuana is a natural drug there is no harm in using it. While it may be a natural plant, many times there are chemicals placed in it to make it a bit more potent. I believed this for a while, but I think he is on harder drugs now too!

I have threatened to leave him if he does not go to rehab. I am tired of all of my money going toward the wrong thing, worrying about him when he is out there driving while under the influence and having to buy groceries more often because he is constantly craving snacks. He may think I am joking, but I am not, so he needs to go and get help right away. I will take the first big step by finding him a place to go for rehab.

Inpatient drug and alcohol rehab can help to return individuals suffering from a chemical dependency, to return to a full and normal lifestyle. Learn more about how 12 step addiction recovery is addiction treatment that works:

Inpatient Drug and Alcohol Rehab

No comments:

Post a Comment