Thursday, September 12, 2013

My Former Sister

Drug abuse affects everyone in a family.  I should know because I was in a family where drug abuse was a problem.  My sister had always been somewhat of a wild child.  Her partying ways only got worse when she went off to college.  She had managed to get a full scholarship, even though she was a party girl.

That first semester that she was gone she did fine.  Then it came time to pledge a sorority.  She started going to all the pledge parties on campus and off campus.  I am not sure which drug she tried first, I am not even sure which kind of drugs she tried.  I just know that she came out of pledge week a different person.

Her grades dropped and she lost her scholarship.  With no scholarship, she was forced to move back home.  She had to leave all her new friends behind.  Unfortunately, she did not leave the drug problem behind.  She brought it home to us.

My sister used to be sweet and kind, now she was mean and would lie at the drop of a hat.  Not only that, she would steal from my parents to get the drugs she needed.  My parents eventually had to kick her out of the house before she destroyed us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment